What Makes Me Keep Going

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Oh Fall

I love my kids. I love my husband. I love doing stuff with them. I want to be "that" family. The family that is always doing something fun, that has a bizillon pictures of their kids making funny faces and doing fun things. For me, fall is the best time for this. We love to go to apple orchards and pumpkin patches. We love to go to fall and Halloween activities at the Indianapolis Children's Museum and Indianapolis Zoo. I love taking pictures of my kids in a pile of leaves. I fill my house full of Spiced Pumpkin and Harvest scents from Yankee Candle. I change our menu to include soups and stews. We love hooded sweat shirts. Just writing this I am smiling thinking of it!

Fall for me is also a season of change. This year, Hannah (my oldest) started Kindergarten. Our first Ice Cream Social (a yearly event where kids meet their teacher before the first day of school), first mommy/daughter school shopping trip, first day of school...complete with a few mommy tears. Watching Hannah grow into her own person, no longer content just wearing what Mommy picks out, or doing her hair how mommy wants, is both awesome and heart wrenching all at the same time. Hannah has her own sense of style, and own way of expressing herself, mostly involving Hello Kitty :)

This year, for some reason, it seems more important to be together as a family. I guess because josh has to be gone so much. But we are going to make this work!

Enjoy your fall, and I will keep you update on mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment