What Makes Me Keep Going

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

We Need A Cure

There is an affliction effecting people all over the world. It significantly effects women more than men. It is tearing apart homes. We need a cure immediately.

I'm talking about crankiness. Someone needs to organize a walk, we need a colored ribbon (it doesn't matter what you color you choose, because whatever you choose it will just upset the patients), and we need some celebrities to help us out. My money is on Bill O'Reilly. He can identify since we he obviously suffers from this affliction. Furthermore, this affliction is very serious! It leads to other, more serious problems, such as anger and road rage.

I guess this cause is so close to my heart because today, I am suffering from it. Quite frankly, I have a chronic case. And the worst part is I didn't know that exposure to children can cause increased flare ups. I am trying desperately to keep it from progressing to anger but not sure how I'm doing.

I am a creature of habit. I need schedules. I need plans. I manage my life with a giant calendar and to do list. I follow a spreadsheet with our budget. None of that is happening right now. Even if I had every list done, I can't follow them. My back is out, and quite frankly it is disabling in many ways. It's not just the pain, which in itself is horrible, but the medication that zaps me out. So now, I'm sitting here, cranky. Knowing what I need to do, but not really able to do it.

What is happening now is crankiness appears to be contagious. Two of three children have caught it. My husband has been out all day, but he has a low immune system and is sure to pick it up. The only current solution is wait until bedtime, go to sleep, and hope it goes away. Must be a virus.

No comments:

Post a Comment