What Makes Me Keep Going

Sunday, October 23, 2011

And Sometimes It Just All Comes Together

I am your average camera happy mother. No seriously - currently my "October 2011" album on Facebook has over 200 pictures. I love taking pictures of my family and friends. I keep my camera on the breakfast bar, always close for that candid shot I just have to have. But, like most moms, I am always in search of the great family photo. Sure sure, I could pay someone to take pictures of us in matching clothes like a Gap ad, and while those pictures also look great, that is not my family. We a happy chaotic mess, and I love the pictures that turn out great, but mildly look like we all fell together and leaned in quickly for the snapshot. Today, it happened for us. We were walking through the zoo with my mother-in-law and we sat down for a break and my husband and I each grabbed a kid, the oldest jumped in, smile, snap, happy perfection. Who cares if one of us was dressed like they live in a mushroom in a magical forest, one like an explorer whose best friend is a monkey, and a princess who should have the world's longest ponytail, but is in fact mostly bald :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment