What Makes Me Keep Going

Friday, November 4, 2011

"Thanks"giving

So a friend of mine started a couple years ago doing a daily status message each day of November about something she was thankful for in her life. (Here is your shout out Electa!) I don't know if she was the first one to do it, but last year I joined in too. This year I have noticed several people doing it.

The blessing in this has not been recognizing what I have to be thankful for, but how much I have to be thankful for in my life. It's easy when you are knee deep in diapers, with dishes stacked to the ceiling, and your home has reached a decibel level that requires industrial strength ear plugs, to forget the amazing feeling of baby cuddles, toddler kisses, and kindergarten hugs. It's simple to forget how amazing the organization you work for is, when you have been cussed out for the third time in a day and you are rushing to meet your deadlines. It is difficult to remember how amazing your husband is, if most of the time you see him you both are so tired you fall asleep. 

Francesca Batistelli sings in her song "This Is the Stuff", that "in the middle of my little mess, I forget how big I'm blessed." It is just so easy to get bogged down in our day to day lives, to forget all the things we have to be thankful for. I encourage you when you are in your "little mess", to think about all the ways you are blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment