What Makes Me Keep Going

Monday, November 21, 2011

Stop! Too Fast!

After our third baby, we decided we were done. Three was enough (sometimes more than enough) to handle. We love our girls. But knowing we can have no more, it makes me want to slow down time. So tonight, when this happened...


... I cried a bit.
How could this happen? How could she be old enough to be losing teeth? She just got them all! 

And then, not five minutes after this happened, our youngest stood for the first time in the living room for about 5 seconds. 

That time I cried a lot. 

I wanted it to go slow. I wanted to savor every moment of their childhood. But life moves forward. Our children grow. They become cool little people who excite us with the little things like loose teeth, reading their first book, first time they stand, and then first time they tell you that they love you without you saying it first. And even though it made me a little sad, how can you stay sad with this face...



No comments:

Post a Comment